Monday, November 25, 2019

Digital art infused in tea



Inspired by the visit to EN Tea House at TeamLab Borderless in Odaiba, as well as recent events in life.


I
Digital art infused tea.
A crossover
between the modern and the old.
Ambivalence.

Tea is served.
And the flowers start blooming.
So pretty!

Attracted by its beauty
I drink in the projection

II
Digital art infused tea.
A crossover
like never before.
Curious.

What happens when you move the chawan to the side?
What happens when you lift the chawan?
What happens when you drink it all?

I lift the chawan and
I sip the tea.

One sip.
Two sips.
Three sips.
…

III
Digital art infused tea.
Where does one end
and the other begin?
Unstoppable.

The branches are waving,
the aroma of the tea wafting.
Attracted by the four dimensional experience
I gulp down the tea.

One gulp.
Two gulps.
Three gulps.

One petal.
Two petals.
Three petals.
…
Flower petals scatter
Leaves fall
The projection disperses
Leaving nothing behind
Empty.

Am I not supposed to drink the tea?
Too late
as I looked into the chawan.
Empty.

It is all a projection
and I do not like green tea
But why is my heart attracted to
digital art infused tea?

No comments: